Tuesday 10 February 2015

Everyday make-up goodies

Hello little caterpillars,
You may or may not know but I'm a pretty casual person, I'm not the kind of girl who needs a tone of make-up to go through the day, but a good foundation and some mascara are the best friend of every girl. What I'll be doing now is introduce you to all the goodies I use for my everyday make-up and how I apply it.




Let's start the make-up routine properly by using primer. I use two actually, don't ask me why I always did. First I apply the Sephora Smoothing Primer using my fingers, then I use the Porefessional by Benefit Cosmetics on all the areas I have pretty big pores like on my chin, on the sides of my nose and my forehead, this with my fingers as well.




Next on the list is concealer, again I use two, one as an actual concealer the other to cover up all redness and imperfections. So first I apply with a concealer brush the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach under my eyes to cover my dark circles and on the corners of my nose, after cleaning my brush  I apply the Mac Concealer in NW20 on every redness and/or imperfection I have on my face. It gives you great coverage and will last all day long.




It's time for foundation. I use the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation in Beige 3. This foundation is heaven! It's perfect if you have oily skin since it's oil-free and it gives you great coverage. The brush I'm using to apply it is the Sigma F50 Duo Fibre brush.





Now this is a step I often forget to do to be honest, so most of the time I apply it at the very end of the routine, but it is better to apply it over your foundation so it sets correctly. I'm talking about translucent powder. This is the Make Up For Ever HD Powder which I really really like, it sets your foundation so it'll last all day long. The brush that goes with it in my routine is the Sephora 45 Mineral Powder brush.




For the brows now I've been using the Mac Shadow in Brun. I've been using this one for years and it never disappointed me. The name of the brush I'm using to apply it faded so I can't give you any information about it ): but I do remember that I got it at Sephora a few years back. Then I fix these cute brows with the Make Up For Ever Transparent Brow Gel.




Like I said before, I'm pretty casual so I usually just pop on some mascara and I'm ready to go. Nothing fancy at all. So first I'll curl my lashes for about 10-15 seconds, then I'll apply a coat of the Benefit Cosmetics Bas Gal Lash followed by the love of my life: The Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. No need for fanciness the lashes this mascara gives you is more than enough.






A few last steps to give your face some proper shape: bronzer, highlight and blush. I am madly in love with the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil, it smells heavenly and is mat which I really like. For the highlight I like to use a little amount of the Mac Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish which is very shiny so go easy on it if you don't want to look like a disco ball. (; Finally for blusher I'm using the Sephora's N°10 Romantic Rose. Oh I almost forgot! For the bronzer I am using the RealTechniques Setting brush, for the highlight I am simply using my fingers and for blush I'm using the RealTechniques Blush brush.



And to set all of this make-up I'm spraying my face with the Urban Decay All Nighters Setting Spray.
You're make-up will last all day long thanks to this little baby.




And here is the final look, it seems like a lot of products but it doesn't look like it at all. You'll look healthy and put together without overdoing it.

What are your make-up essentials? Tell me in the comments (:

Laters, 

xoxo,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment