Thursday 19 February 2015

A cold never stopped anyone from being pretty

Hello my little caterpillars,
Since I've been having a cold for over a week now, I figured I could write about all the beauty tips I use when I'm sick.






First of all you want to keep warm and be comfy. What I do (when I decide to stay at home) is to wear some fluffy socks and a wide sweater or buttoned shirt (for me it's a flannel of course (; ) with some nice looking leggings or in my case yoga pants :b yeah I know, you're sick why should you care about how you look, well you absolutely don't have to. But if you might have to go out grocery shopping or anything else that might be necessary at that moment it comes kind of handy to look okay. Besides if anyone would happen to come over or simply lives with you or maybe it just makes you feel better about yourself, you might not want to look like one of the zombies from The Walking Dead. ^^



For your face you should start by washing with your favourite cleanser. I use the Ella Baché Creme Soap which helps you get rid of any excess oil and combat (yes combat it's a war people! haha) all redness and pimples. After that you want to hydrate your skin since it has the tendency to be very dry and well doesn't feel nice at all when you're sick. Again from Ella Baché I use the Tomato Based Moisturiser ..... which feels really nice on your skin and smells heavenly.




If you want to put some kind of make-up on to look a little less pale, I would recommend a tinted moisturiser or a BB Creme. It feels lighter on your face then any kind of foundation and will still give your skin a natural glow. But first you want to apply some concealer to hide your dark circles and any redness, which you surely will have especially around your nose since you probably will have to blow a lot. I use my all time favourite I've been using this one for about two years I'm in love with it, it's the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach. Then set all of this with some translucent powder.






Personally I don't like to do my brows when I'm sick but you can do as you want, I would fill them in with the Mac eyeshadow in Brun and fix them with some clear brow gel as always. Last but not least you'll want your eyes to pop a little without overdoing it so just curl your lashes with an eyelash curler and pop on some mascara. For me it'll be the love of my life the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara of course.
Finally for your hair, you may do as you like. I mostly wear my hair up in a messy bun or a ponytail when I'm sick because I kind of feel like it's overwhelming and suffocating I don't know I just don't like it.

Don't forget to drink a lot of water and hot tea!

What are your beauty / "get better" secrets? Tell me in the comments :D

Laters,

xoxo,
J.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there I love your blog so I have nominated you for the 'infinity dreamers award' just pop over to my blog to grab the questions and rules!

    Shannon x

    thatdeergirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete