Wednesday 8 April 2015

The ugly duckling.

Hello my little caterpillars,
Yes It's been a while since my last post, but I kind of had a big lack of inspiration, I just couldn't find any ideas that I liked. So today I thought I'd show you nothing beauty related, but I'll be showing you how to customise a damaged book. It doesn't sound super interesting, but it really made a difference you'll see and it's really easy to make, it just takes quite some time (well I took a lot of time but I like to take my time :p)




So here's my super damaged book. It looks horrible (it looks worse in real life than on the pictures), but it was the very last one and they wouldn't get any new ones in and it's actually a gift for someone and I thought it was just the perfect gift for that person. I couldn't leave it like that and risking not to find a better gift, soooo I bought it and decided to slightly change it's appearance.  (; you'll see :p




You'll need:


  • some paper sheets with really cool designs on them
  • scissors
  • glue
  • a pencil
  • a ruler
  • and of course your book :D



Start by measuring how wide and high your book is and you may want to try drawing the measures on an other sheet of paper than the one you actually want to apply on your book (just to be sure your "drawing" is right for your book). If your sketch is right do the same on your actual sheet. Oh and don't forget to leave 1-2 extra centimetres on each end which you will fold and glue onto the inside of the book cover later on.




It's time to use your glue which you'll apply on the ends which go on the inside of the book. :D 




With your "base" done, you can add whatever you want to it, stickers, drawings, the title of your book maybe :p etc.





Aannd voila! That was it for this post, I know it's not really what I normally do but I tried to do something different. I'm not sure if this was okay so tell what you think about it in the comments and if I should do stuff like this more often. I enjoyed doing this and I love you guys very much and I'll try to post more regularly again at least once a week. (:


Laters,

xoxo,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment